Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

ABC Bible Verse Flash Cards

I previously posted these ABC Bible Verse cards on Pinterest, and had someone ask if I had all the Bible verses written down.  Long story short, I somehow deleted the post from my cell phone accidentally. :(  So this time I thought I would document the process and include the Bible verses along the way...


So first I searched the Internet for "ABC Bible Verses", "Kids ABC Bible", etc.  I found a lot of hits.  From there I found the verses I liked best for my kids.  Some, I did not like a lot, so I have an app on my phone called "YouVersion Bible" that I used to do searches in the Bible for specific words.  (If you don't have it, and are looking for a good Bible app, I would definitely suggest it.  )  For example, the letter Z - verses I found included the word Zion.  Well Zion does not mean much to my kids, so I searched for Zeal, Zealous, and actually found a verse with the word laZy. 



I typed each of these up in Word using font Kristen ITC for my little ones and Script MT Bold for my 5 year old that decides she wants to write in cursive.  9 cards print per sheet - 3 sheets per set (3.66" h x 2.83" w)

The next step was to print on card stock (make sure to change your printer setting to card stock).  Our store did not have much of a selection, so I ended up with the 4 hyper colors, but my kids don't seem to mind!

After the printing was complete, this gave me a perfect excuse to buy a laminator.  I just went with the cheapest Scotch laminator, and I proceeded to laminate. 



Cutting was the next step.  I trimmed all the laminate so that the cards were mostly the same size.  I also cut from the end of the alphabet backwards, so that the pile is already in alphabetical order when it's stacked. 



After cutting, it was time for the single hole punch.  Just to make sure the cards didn't rip, I added the reinforcement label stickers.  This also lined up the hole punches nicely.  Then added the book rings to the set. 





The ABC Bible Verse sheets are:



No comments:

Post a Comment